Computer Science Departmental Accounts
The Computer Science Department maintains its own accounts for use with departmental resources. While classrooms are able to authenticate to your CSSD (University of Pittsburgh) account, you will need a Computer Science account if you plan to work on anything else or use our AFS cell.
The following account types are made available by the Computer Science Department
- CS Faculty
- Non-CS Faculty must apply for a Guest account and list a CS Faculty member as the sponsor for the account
- CS Part-Time Faculty or Instructor
- Faculty with Secondary Appointment at CS
- CS Department Staff
- CS Graduate Student
- Registered CS Graduate Students only
- CS Undergraduate Student
- Apply only if instructed to do so by a CS Faculty or Staff member
- CS UTA or Peer Tutor
- CS Postdoctoral Researcher
- ISP Account
- Members of the ISP Program
- Authorization Account Only
- Includes Non-CS Faculty and Non-CS students taking a CS Graduate course
Account Terms & Conditions
The following activities are considered disruptive to the user community and will be considered as necessitating disciplinary action. At a minimum this may result in the suspension of account privileges.
- Accesses or malicious attempts to access files of other users or system files for which you are not authorized to access.
- Harassing of other users either by e-mail or other means of communication.
- Inappropriate use of computer facilities, for example using university or departmental facilities for personal financial gain.
- Knowingly importing files known to have viruses (destructive or otherwise) or the creating of viruses in any software resident on departmental systems.
If you have read and understand the above, click on on the link below to go our new account application page.