Computer Science Departmental Resource Access
The Computer Science Department maintains an access control list for use with departmental resources. While classrooms allow anyone with a University of Pittsburgh Account to log into them, other Computer Science Department resources limit access to those who have applied for access.
The following access types are made available by the Computer Science Department.
- SCI Faculty
- Non-SCI Faculty must apply for a Guest account and list a SCI Faculty member as the sponsor for the account
- CS Part-Time Faculty or Instructor
- Faculty with Secondary Appointment at SCI
- SCI Staff
- CS Graduate Student
- Registered CS Graduate Students only
- CS Undergraduate Student
- Apply only if instructed to do so by a CS Faculty or Staff member
- CS Postdoctoral Researcher
- ISP Account
- Members of the ISP Program
- Class Account
- Students taking SCI classes needing access to SCI resources
- Includes Non-CS Faculty and Non-CS students taking a CS Graduate course
Access Terms & Conditions
The following activities are considered disruptive to the user community and will be considered as necessitating disciplinary action. At a minimum this may result in the suspension of privileges.
- Accesses or malicious attempts to access files of other users or system files for which you are not authorized to access.
- Harassing of other users either by e-mail or other means of communication.
- Inappropriate use of computer facilities, for example using university or departmental facilities for personal financial gain.
- Knowingly importing files known to have viruses (destructive or otherwise) or the creating of viruses in any software resident on departmental systems.
If you have read and understand the above, click on on the link below to go our new access application page.