What are the password requirements?
Last updated: August 15th, 2019 01:14 PM
- Your new password must be eight to 14 characters long.
- Passwords should never be shared with another individual.
- Your new password should consist of some combination of letters and numbers and must also contain at least one special character (for example, +, @, #, or $).
- The following characters can NOT be used: _ . ` , < > & !
- Passwords that contain only letters and dictionary words are easier for someone to guess or for computer programs to decipher.
- Do not use your name, your username, or a portion of these as your password.
- You cannot reuse the same password within a year, and you cannot reuse any of your previous six passwords.
- For additional password information, visit technology.pitt.edu.